Monday, January 19, 2009

New Year's Day

After our very exciting, fun filled fire works watching night we went skiing! Wooohooo

A bit of background information about skiing. My hubby grew up pretty much on ski's. I on the other hand grew up in the pool. No skiing unless it was cross country.

So last year during the winter time I decided I would like to learn how to downhill. The good news is that I am still excited about it. As for last year, we went twice and I was on the bunny hill.

This year started out right. We went to visit my parents and we went skiing with them for the second year in a row...I think it might become tradition. Then we went again a week later for New Year's day. What a great decision that was. It turned out to be a beautiful day and we/I got a lot of skiing in and working on my skills. I'm happy to report I am now on the green/blue hill and will be practicing my skills on these until I'm brave enough for the BLACK hill....ahhhhh.
Even though my husband would love to go to Utah for a few days and ski I have convinced him that I'm not quite at that level.

I still like it and would love to get really good, or at least somewhat good.

Here's a picture of us waiting for the lift to take us down the blue/green hill.
Yes, I know my hubby suffered with me a little bit by doing the easy hill, but I still think we had fun over all!

P.S: Check out my cool ski's....they are yellow underneath so they glow on the snow when I ski!
My hubby spares no expense when it comes to equipment! :-)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

awesome picture! where did you get that jacket?!