Monday, July 27, 2009

Please take my boob, please!

This was the final nail on the head.

Usually in America there is a law under the FMLA that a woman can take up to 3 months off for maternity leave. Under this law you have to work in a company larger than 50 people for this to apply to you. You also have to have worked in the company for a year before this law applies to you. If either one of the conditions is not met...then you are what is know as...out of luck.
I had a fantastic HR person (clueless) who said I was eligible ...even though I'm with the company for 4 months. Well, because I like for all the i's to be dotted and t's to be crossed I called to confirm. NOPE I am NOT eligible.
BUT...I work for a fantastic company that even though I have not been here for a full year they are being so kind as to let me stay home for 8 weeks (yup two months).

So America...

While I go to work...I'll leave my boob's at home so MY KID CAN EAT!

And for the men and women that decided on these fantastic laws...well I've got a special place for you to go and I've got directions on how you can get there!

2 comments:

Lipstic Orthodox said...

It's a good thing you got 2 of them:)

DonutsMom said...

Oh, the sweet joys of pumping....make sure they hook you up with a good pumping room! And give you extra time to pump so you don't have to attempt to eat lunch AND pump at the same time.