Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Why I love Hasidim

We decided right before Pesach to upgrade our vacuum cleaner. The one we had was just not doing the job. Yet, the old vacuum was not that bad. So we wanted to donate it. Finally after a few weeks of waiting the local jewish charity decided to come and pick it up (after we called them to remind them that we still have it). The man they sent to pick it up is a Hossid. AWESOME. He was friendly, polite, full of conversation and appreciative.
After a brief introduction of his name and what his role is in the organization he was polite and asked how I was doing? How was my night going? Mind you its Thursday night I'm a wreck trying to get ready for Shabbat.
I thought he was caring and a good person. I thought that he embodied Hasdisim. And that is why I love true Hossids! Not the ones that pretend to be holy while being rude and obnoxious.

1 comment:

wrpn said...

I personally love Catholics. Of all religious groups, they have been the most helpful to me in my current job search!