Wednesday, April 23, 2008

HAPPY HAPPY PESACH!

The best things about Pesach!

Some of you may be wondering how I really feel about Pesach. After all the hard work and effort of preparing for the holiday there is really no time to enjoy it, and the Matza, well we just won’t go there. The honest truth is I LOVE IT. I love the fact that after A LOT OF HARD WORK and intense preparations I got to have my family together for a long weekend. I got to enjoy every single minute of it! I really enjoy being in Pesach mode. Sure, like everyone else I do not enjoy too much the preparations before hand…but really to me they were well worth it.
Going through all of the preparations of cleaning, cleaning, cleaning and more cleaning and covering and then cooking I can really understand why people would like to go away for Yom Tov. You go to a hotel, everything is cooked, cleaned and all you have to do is ENJOY! The upside…you do nothing but relax. The downside, when you come home your house is still a wreck because it hasn’t ever gotten a deep scrub like one does for Pesach. Then I wonder does a person really enjoy Pesach when they haven’t put in an ounce of effort into it? DO they really reap the reward? Then I think do I really care? The answer to be completely honest with you is NO. I could care less. I don’t care that someone paid $5000 per person for a Pesach Vacation, I don’t care that they just relaxed without any work at all involved. I just don’t care. However I do want to say that I have had such a positive experience that I cannot wait to make Pesach again and have the entire family together at our house. These are the memories that I like, everyone together, comfortable being able to laugh as loud as we want, or cry with big tears, to sing as loud as possible, or to be supper silent. Not to have to dress before having breakfast with your mom and dad and to stay in PJ’s till the men come home from shul that IS AWESOME. That is why no matter how ‘relaxing’ doing nothing is, I would still choose to stay home with the family and be truly relaxed and at ‘home’ ;-). I love the freedoms that Pesach allows.
On another note, I hated Pesach when I was single. One of the reasons: I didn’t have a kitchen. I was starving that whole week. So, now that the kitchen is mine and I am not starving the whole time I LOVE IT.
Another note, I’ll be baking a lot more next year, LOVE IT!!!

2 comments:

wrpn said...

Staying in your P.J.'s and absconding on Bait Knesset is a sign of laziness. Next Pesach, spend time with the Creator of the Universe, in His House!

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

No, staying in PJ's is brought in the Gemara (I believe it's Mas. Bube Mayseh) as an example of how free people behave. If you're already reclining and relaxing at the seder, dress the part!