Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Pesach Lists

List, what list?

As some of you know we have been remodeling our bathroom for the better half of 3 months now. This situation has not really bothered me, up until this week. This is my power week! I NEED to have 90% of cleaning and organizing done this week so that can flip my kitchen next week! As I am not completely crazy (and the fact that I like to keep everything clean anyways) I am not in full out panic mode…yet. Really though I would love to be able to clean my room, curtains that need washing, floors that are so neglected!!!! AHHHHHHHHHH.
Yesterday I had a moment of weakness. It came at about 11:30pm and after yet another trip to the store equaling $150 on food that I cannot eat today. Honestly, it’s like Pesach is out to ruin any budget that you may have set. Since, this is my first Pesach I’m taking it in stride and trying very hard not to panic. Yet, it still feels like a gigantic money pit which I just have to keep buying for. The truth is it is our first Pesach and a lot of the items we don’t have and we truly do need them in order to make Pesach. Such items are like pots, pans, mixers, dishes, serving dishes, utensils, serving utensils and etc. We started to shop sales months ago and yet I feel like I’m not any closer to having everything that I will need. I do realize that if I were to just go to a store and buy things at regular price that I would be spending 3 maybe even 4 or 5 times as much as I am now shopping for bargains there is just a little piece of me that wants to just go to one stop and get everything done! Then the rational part of me says: “ARE YOU CRAZY!!!” You really want to pay full price when you know you could do a little bit of research and get it so much cheaper??? This is the statement that makes the constant shopping and stores and price checking worth it.
On that note, I have renounced the idea of saving any money on food at this time. This goes against all of my theories and my general principal, but there is truly nothing I can do. I cannot go to a different store and get a better price on Mayo, because there is no better price. There is Mayo for the price that it is set for Pesach or there is no mayo at all. Other than the fruits and vegetables I have let down my money saving guard (on food items).

2 comments:

wrpn said...

I haven't bothered with my Pesah shopping but my soul is amazingly inspired by Father Bob Barron's website and blog, the Word on Fire.

Cheers for Newfoundland!

Unknown said...

Try the dollar store on Howard and Western. There is actually Family Dollar and Dollar Tree, both of which are great. You can get tons of stuff there for $1 each.