Thursday, May 8, 2008

Can Pack rats complain?

I’m not saying that one cannot be a packrat; I’m just saying that I don’t want to hear your whining and complaining about money problems. Some examples of this ignorant behavior are people that collect things. Why on earth would anyone collect Barbie’s? They are worthless now and they will be worthless later. Overly decorating the house, to the point where brand new things stay in their packaging for YEARS…tell me that’s not money wasted? What of the people that their houses are so cluttered with junk they have no idea what they have…so when in doubt they just buy more!
Where does this rant come from? Well upon hearing a friends complaint that they were having money problems I politely suggested that this friend not go shopping for clothing (2 sizes too small anyways) and save that money. I also suggested selling off some of the junk stuff they own. Well, this friend got so upset and irate that I understood that they have deep psychological issues. If you feel that your shopping habits are more important then providing a good family environment for your kids then you are crazy. Part of the good family environment would include not having fights over money with your husband who doesn’t see why you need 4 salt and pepper shaker sets. I happen to agree, you really only need one.
Well now that I am a traitor I figure I’d vent.

Enjoy~!

No comments: