Friday, February 6, 2009

Already Made Kosher Food

*Note, I'm not talking about restaurants*

As most of you know I'm not one for buying already made food. Though from time to time I do enjoy some already made deep fried chicken and fries. Today was one of those days where I felt like after a pretty intense and stressful week I would like to spoil myself, and my husband for bearing with it all. So, off I went to get really not so healthy, but yummy food for shabbat! Now, I know that a lot of people are thinking: "are you kidding me, this is what she calls a treat. Its the most basic food and I wouldn't even call it Shabbat food!"

It is true that this food is not fancy but for people that don't buy already made food often, trust me its a treat!

So, once I purchased the said treat I went around to buy the rest of what we needed for Shabbat. I haven't bought challah in a while, but 6 rolls for $4.39....OUCH, but yet again its been one heck of a week its Friday and I'm writing this post and doing laundry and thinking of how much cleaning I'll need to be doing....so in went the challah rolls. At the end of the experience I spent the same amount of money on food for two possibly three days as I usually would for a week and half if I would have made everything myself.

I'm not arguing that from time to time eating out/or already made food that you just have to re-heat is something that is needed, both for emotional reasons of destressing and wanting to enjoy a little piece of going out life. Yet, this in my opinion should be treated like a treat. Unless of course you have the financial means to treat it as part of your daily life, then gasuntaheit!

My point: If I did this every week my food budged would be double and so would both my husband and my weight.

No comments: