Monday, February 23, 2009

Picking up the tab!

The topic of Octo Mom has been hot on the news, so I thought I'll chime in too.

I'm not sure if I'm upset or just bothered by all of the ridiculous attention that this woman is getting. It seems that America needs and wants something to get mad about. This woman happens to be the one that fits both these bills at the moment.

I suppose she would bother me a lot less if she would just disappear from the spotlight. The problem is that she won't be able to do that for a while. One of the reasons is that she claimed to not want any publicity. She also claimed that she didn't want any help from anyone and she didn't need t.v show's or endorsements and she just did it because she loves children!

Now that we know all of that was a big fat lie...everyone can apologize to me for calling me critical. I said as soon as the news broke that the only way this woman expects to pay her bills is by hoping and praying for a t.v show or some kind of endorsement's like from pampers!

Unfortunately she got something that she didn't bank on...severe backlash from tax payers!
Why was the backlash so severe, well it appears that the average Joe in America is sick and tired of being taken advantage of. It seems that this economy has not only had an impact on jobs and people's stress but also on people's ability to be sympathetic.

Does this effect me somehow? To be completely honest with you, not really. I pay my taxes, I will continue to be a law abiding citizen and pay my taxes. Do I agree with crazy people having children? NO...but is it because I'm a tax payer or is it because I'm concerned for the well being of children in the hands of crazy people? I think its the latter.

So, now that we agree that Octo Mom as she has been nick named by the 'media' is an attention seeking loony lets move on to the rest of the Octo Mom's family, her mother and father. Her father has gone on Operah to plead the case of Octo mom. Even though at the beginning you feel bad for him, he's been put out by his own daughter in the end you get the idea that maybe he's in on it as well. He pleads that the American public not punish the children, and for endorsements to please roll in so that they can help pay the bills.

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???

So, next time someone feels like they need a movie contract they will go and have nine kids and then the American public will feel sorry for them, they will get a movie contract or some kind of a show and all the bills will be paid and the cycle continues!

Then again if you think about it...it makes perfect sense. Since Wall street decided to plunge they got a bail out (or are in the process of getting a bail out), the banking system and countless others get bailed out when they get themselves in trouble. So, why can't this mother of 14.
If you think about this case in terms of government and helping out, it makes complete sense that this crazy person feels that she is entitled to be bailed out by the American public. Heck, everyone else is doing it.

No comments: