Friday, February 6, 2009

The outing to the Aquarium

I live in a most wonderful city!

If you live in the metropolitan of the city and you have a library card (which is free, of course) you can sign out passes to any museum in and around the city. This pass is also good for the zoo as well!!! By pass I mean that you can go into the museum free of charge. This is an incredible opportunity to do things around the city and not spend a dime on it. I should also mention here that the pass is for the general admittance, anything extra is not covered. Which usually means IMAX movies or something of that nature.

I happen to really love the Aquarium. So last week I went to the library and was lucky enough that the pass (only one pass per library per museum) was still there! Naturally I jumped at the opportunity to see my favorite exhibit, the salt water tanks and of course NEMO and DORY! I know I sound like I'm 3 but its true I really love the salt water life, its just vibrant and full of color!

To my dismay and pure horror there is ongoing construction at the aquarium and as a pure money making tool they took away this exhibit and put it in an area that costs extra to get into.
I know, some people maybe thinking: "common you paid nothing to get it, you can spend a little and see the fish that you like". Although that is partially true and I did think about it, and my husband even approved of the extra $15+tax for both of us to do so, I still felt ripped off!

They have an entire section which cost $7.50 extra with salt water life, but they had a small (Very small a couple tanks really) on the general admittance area where you can feel like you are a part of the salt water life but not needing to pay extra!

I know this is a gripe but I really feel if you take an entire section and completely remove it and force people to pay extra to see it its just UN-AMERICAN!!!

Leave NEMO alone!!!

No comments: