Thursday, March 27, 2008

Pesach!

WHY are we still in Renovation MODE!

So I’m trying to get ready for pesach but my efforts are being hindered by the NEVER ENDING CONSTRUCTION THAT HAS BECOME MY HOUSE! Granted it was my idea to start this hullabaloo but really can it please come to an end? Thank g-d my husband is working on it and is putting in all of his free time towards the effort of completion. We are almost there and I cannot wait! I really would like to use the toilet rather than trip over it every morning.
In other news some things were bought for Pesach at Wal-Mart last night. I HATE Wal-Mart! But you got to do what you got to do in order to get the savings. So one of the things that I wanted to mention that is interesting at Wal-Mart is that they have implemented a door checker. This person’s job is to stand at the door look at your receipt and then check the items in your cart to match those of the receipt. In theory GREAT IDEA….In reality NOT SO MUCH! Here is the problem, the person checking my cart was not checking everyone in fact the only reason she checked me is because I patiently stood there and waited my turn. Everyone else that was not so patient went around the line and out the door with no repercussion. Moving on she read my receipt line for line it took her two minutes at the least, yet she did not check my cart AT ALL. SO she memorized my list and that was it? What’s the point? THEN, she let me go. So on my way to my car ( I had to park in Japan because in America the parking lot was full!) I was thinking I could have stolen anything I wanted and gotten away with it. WHY because I bought a huge 100 qt storage bin for all of the Pesach stuff that we will have store after Pesach. Nobody checked if anything was in there! I could have had all of my stuff that I bought inside and paid $10 for everything! There are also cart checkers at Costco. At least there I can understand it. Nothing is in a bag. Most items are clearly visible and they usually do a count of items while you wait. Yet again, mission completed and savings were made. I am still not entirely convinced that I wouldn’t have gotten the same savings at Target where I LOVE the store!

3 comments:

Critically Observant Jew said...

Ok, as for Wal-Mart:

In addition to checkers, they have those little electronic scanners at exits and entrances that look for activated labels inside expensive stuff (like electronics and such).

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if the the door checking idea came from Sam's club - Wal-mart's cousin.

Thirdly, why not have a person there, let them earn their $7.50 an hour.

Critically Observant Jew said...

Also, I see your line of thought re: Wal-mart and Target. People go to Target for shopping experience. People go to Wal-mart to get stuff cheap, checkout and leave. It's just store culture.

wrpn said...

I personally do all my Pesah shopping at Smallwood's in downtown St John's in Newfoundland. There you can forget about your Pesah cleaning blues with a round of Screech or Rum.


NEWFOUNDLAND FOREVER!