Monday, March 24, 2008

One Last thing about Purim

Okay, this is it about Purim and then the posts will start with Pesach :)
So, after everything was said and spent and done and re-done we gave out our meshloach manot and made it in one piece. Things I would like to change for next year.
1. After Megillah reading (first thing in the morning just so that my day is free) it is important to go home and have a nice breakfast with family and company. ONLY after that is everyone to go and distribute.
2. Setting the table with food and drink for people that come in so that its not all about the 'gift swap'. This year was kind of crazy. Maybe because of the fact that Purim fell right before shabbat, either way I found that the delivery and acceptance of Misholach Manot was not as fun and exciting as in previous years. It was sort of like a 'gift' swap and a have a great purim and that was it. There was no come in and have a humantashen and l'chaim. Enjoy for a while, then go. It felt a little disconnected from the rest of the holiday!
3. I would like to make a list as in this year and then make so many more extras as in this year. Yet, I would like to make even more extras because I felt that we missed people on our list and the whole idea behind purim is to give. When you give, you form a bond. Anyhow, I would like to be more than prepared if that is possible for next year "g-d willing". I have purposed a certain number of Meshloach manot that we should package for next year to my husband who says that he sees my point and its a good one.

In other news because I will start preparing "cleaning for pesach this week we are looking to start eating all of our chametz :-)....yet I'm not going to crazy about it since we will sell whatever we don't finish and that will be that!

Next up....Pesach Prep!

No comments: