Monday, March 24, 2008

Pesach is upon us!

Ladies and Gentlemen,
Pesach cleaning has began!!! It is my great pleasure to announce that I have officially started cleaning for pesach. You read it right. I've decided that I will try to stay as sane as possible around this time of year. Therefore, the cleaning has begun. I have two shelves which are now 1/3 full of pesach things that we have already bought and the other 2/3 is waiting to be filled. Granted I am not perfect by any stretch of the imagination but since it is my first time doing this I would like a head start. We have been on a shopping spree for a few months now trying to find the best bargains and the best deals on everything for Pesach. We found awesome savings on glasses, silverware, wine glasses, cholent pot, etc..Now, the little things and other big things that may have been accidentally left out. For example we are still looking for a few items: mixer, mixing bowls, pots, shelf liner, counter top liner, grater, etc. As we are looking to buy these items cheap we are panicking that we'll be pushed into a corner if we don't start hearing of sales and soon.
One issue that is an ongoing one for the last three months is that our bathroom renovation is still not over. Although baruch hashem we have another one so we are not stranded without a toilet I would really like for this renovation to end. I would like for all the boxes around the house to go away. I would like to not trip on the toilet that is in my bedroom standing right outside the bathroom and I would like to use it! I would like to finally dust and for it to not return for at least one week. I would like to have my home in order! What have I learned from this...well for one we will now only work with contractors and not have this illusion of thinking we can do everything ourselves. Another thing is that we will have all the materials bought in advance and put into ONE room and not all over the house. There are other very valuable lessons but I'm starting to fade here I'm going to need to go to sleep. The main point is g-d willing we'll be done with this by the end of the week and then I can really get going on the cleaning of every room!
One last thing. A great blog that I have started reading gave awesome advice as far as things and lists that should be put together for Pesach if you are interested check out ProfK with the list entry.

1 comment:

Mighty Garnel Ironheart said...

An easier solution.

Insurance your house for an obscenely high amount of money.

Use flame throwing to simulateously conduct Pesach cleaning and do Biyur Chometz.

Buy new home from insurance money and move in on Nissan 13.

(This may not work after you've done it more than once though. You may have to switch insurance companies)