Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Corporate America

I am writing this post after saying that I will no longer write posts without sitting on the topic for a few hours. I’m writing now, in the heat of the moment. Sorry if it sucks.

As I’ve mentioned before I have been laid off. I will reserve what is known in America as a severance package if I’m a good little girl and keep coming to work till October 27. YET, today I am mad!
I have been given the fantastic ASSIGNMENT (YES LIKE IN SCHOOL NOT LIKE AT WORK) of SCANNING certificates of analysis into the computer and then logging them into our main system. Fantastic as this sounds its absolutely freaking ridiculous!
I have been demoted to the status of an intern. THANK YOU CORPORATE AMERICA.
Not only was I not given any deadlines but apparently when I was away on my lovely vacation I missed some backstabbing that was going on. APPARENTLY I’m NOT WORKING FAST ENOUGH FOR THESE CORPORATE LOSERS.
So naturally today I did nothing!
My manager who I happen to really hold in high esteem is awesome. He knows that this is all asinine, he thank g-d has my back. Literally the man went to bat for me. Nothing that he says or does past this point will make me not regard him with complete honor and awe. It is people like my manager that make Corporate America barable.
Yet, I keep thinking….should I work for a smaller company. Have less layers of management and have more obligations? All questions to be pondered, probably over a little wine.

1 comment:

wrpn said...

Well as painful as it is to have to stick it out at a place where you aren't wanted, you are still drawing a salary from these corporate robber barons. Thus you just have to work as hard as you can until the "Last Day" comes or you have the option of simply bailing out now.