Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Home Made Challah!

If anybody ever doubts my baking abilities here is some proof!

Yesterday, I finally, FOR THE FIRST TIME ON MY OWN!!! Made Challah! I made enough to make a brocha, which turned out to be 8 Challah’s! Now, it may not impress everyone, but then again that was not my goal. My goals were to do a mitzvah, make tasty bread for Rosh Hashanah, and feel empowered.
I am not sure why, but when making Challah, I totally felt empowered! I felt as though NOW, I could really do anything I set as a goal in the kitchen. Now, it must be noted that this was not the first time I have ever baked. In fact I make desserts all the time, but for some reason that is unexplainable this was truly amazing!
Of course we have to taste it and see how it came out. Yet, even with the unknown of what it tastes like, I totally felt like a woman taking care of her family!
Anyhow, I love it, I hope that I keep doing it, and I’ll report back on the taste :-)

P.S= totally worth staying up till 1am to finish!!!