Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Sales

I know this post is a little later than all the ones I've read on blogger sites about the astronomical price of school supplies. Well, today I was at super Target. The greatest store of all! School supplies were 75% off. Dorm supplies, including bedding was 30-75% off. Literally a steal. I bought a few things I need for the house for the low, low prices (paper for $0.12 for 150 sheets).
Just a thought;
Why not shop for next year...THIS YEAR at the discounted rates?
For sure prices are great. How much does paper change? Or binders? Or other school supplies?

That would be my money saviour tip of the day.

Enjoy.

6 comments:

wrpn said...

One of the problems is that schools don't send out Supply Lists until the summer when prices are at a premium!

concernedjewgirl said...

I suppose my point was to get the supplies that you know you will need...such as crayons, rulers, paper, pencil cases, markers, binders, notebooks...the things that really don't change year to year.

Just Shu said...

whats cool now isn't always cool next year . So while the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle backpack and notebooks may be so cool now, if little johnny comes to school with them next year everyone will laugh at him, and you don;t want that

concernedjewgirl said...

That is why buying non discript backpacks and pencil cases is always better. They can be re-used from year to year.
Also, paper, binders, markers do not go out of style.

wrpn said...

I think JS made a point. When you have kids sometimes you just have to let them have what's cool. My 7 year old is into little magnetic balls called "Bakugans" that he can trade and fight with.

concernedjewgirl said...

wrpn,
My point was for school supplies and not toys.