Monday, September 22, 2008

Is that real?

This question seems to follow me and my purse around everywhere we go. It happens to be that I have a nice purse. What I can’t figure out is: do other people with nice purses get approached and asked: “Is that real”? Or do I just emit a vibe that says…nope that can’t be real she wouldn’t be wearing such a real purse.
Usually I just say…”I don’t know” and leave it at that. On Saturday night in the parking garage somebody asked me this particular question and I said “I don’t know”. They could not let it go. How could I not know? What is going on that I don’t know if my purse is real or not, and on it went.

Then I realized: I DON”T CARE and excused myself and walked away.
What I still don’t understand is how people have the audacity to come up to a relative stranger and ask such a question? When I’m wearing my engagement ring do people come up to me and ask: “Is that real”….NO, they don’t. So why is it appropriate to do that when I’m wearing my purse?
So frustrating!

1 comment:

Just Shu said...

don't leave us in suspense...is it? If you're not sure, check the tag and see if they spelled the company name correct:)